Should you hire a buyer’s agent? If you’re in the market, enlisting a buyer’s agent can be one of the smartest decisions you make.
Why Hire a Buyer’s Agent? Your choice of an Agent is crucial.
- Is my buyer’s agent part time or full time? Many Part-time agents are committed to doing a fine job, but if the house of your dreams pops up or you encounter last-minute closing issues, will they be at their other job?.
- How experienced is my buyer’s agent?
- What neighborhoods does my buyer’s agent specialize in?
- What is my buyer’s agents schedule and availability?
Why Hire a Buyer’s Agent? Real Estate is a very local thing.
• Local knowledge is the key to a successful transaction.
• Are you from out of town. While you may be an expert in one region. the laws and practices vary from region to region.
• Are you a first-time buyer? When doing something you are new at, it is an optimal time to get expert assistance.
• Has it been a long time since you bought or sold? I would leverage someone to make sure you have not forgot the important lessons.
Why Hire a Buyer’s Agent? To help find the right property.
You can search the MLS yourself via Zillow, Trulia, and Realtor.com
- Can you trust the information? Zillow and Trulia are notoriously out of date. They are populated from a feed via the MLS. The most accurate source of information is from the MLS before it gets syndicated. Also, your information is being sold to other agents.
- Do you understand what you are searching for?
- Do you know what the listing agent is telling other agents in the confidential comments?
How often do you get a beneficial service that does not cost you extra money?
The seller pays the Brokers’ commissions, not the Buyer.
Why hire a Buyer’s Agent? Get help negotiating the offer.
- All Sales contract provisions are negotiable.
- The cost to purchase an asset is more than just the purchase price on the contract.
- Do you know how to get the best price? What would the best price even be?
- Getting the best terms is important to protect yourself in the transaction. The price is one of many important factors in a transaction
- Inspections? Title Agents, surveys. Who do I hire? Who pays for it?
- Knowing your competition is a key factor.
- Do you understand what is customary in the marketplace?
- Are you aware of which side pays what costs?
- Ensuring that your deposit is not at risk until you are ready and able to purchase the property.
- Utility assessments? Are there any unpaid balances?
- Every area is different, many areas (North Fort Myers is one) have multiple utility (water and/or sewer) providers.
Why Hire a Buyer’s Agent? Help overcome setbacks.
Every real estate transaction will have some difficulties, trials and even some tribulations. How you react to them is important.
If you have Real Estate related questions call 239 694 3300 or use the form below.
Steelbridge Realty LLC is a Licensed Real Estate Brokerage that utilizes cutting-edge marketing techniques and data-driven Real Estate solutions in today’s ever-changing environment. Our group of professionals have decades of experience and have navigated through many business cycles. Our diverse background gives us the tools to guide people towards successful decisions.